Well, we made it to Dallas last night around 6:30. It doesn't really feel like we are "home" yet, but I know with time it will start to feel that way. We spent yesterday (Anthony's birthday) cleaning, painting and repairing our apartment, and thanks to our friend Alana for coming over and helping us out big time! We are staying in a hotel (Crescent Court--one of the nicest hotels in Dallas; thanks Gibson Dunn) until tomorrow, which is when our stuff should arrive. Apparently, our driver had some mechanical problems and got stuck in Oklahoma City. Hopefully, he'll get back on the road and get to Dallas in the morning.
I love our new place! We haven't hung out there much at all since we don't have the electricity turned on yet (its supposed to be on tomorrow), but we did go by and I at least got to see it. I'm looking forward to unpacking and getting it arranged the way we want it. The landlord put in new carpet and wood blinds and they both look great. I can't wait to have people come visit us...we have an extra bedroom so come on by. We've been exploring the area and have found some great local joints and fun shops. I'll post more after we're settled and will try to post some pictures once we have our stuff situated. We don't have internet set up yet, so we can only use the computer when we're hanging out at coffee shops!
4 comments:
where did you move to in dallas?
Glad y'all made it. Happy Birthday, Anthony!
I am glad you made it. Too bad we just moved out of Dallas! Have fun!!!
Glad everything went smoothly. Can't wait to see pics of your new place! :)
Post a Comment