Tuesday, July 17, 2007

3 years of marriage

What a wonderful opportunity to look back over the last three years and reflect on our lives and what all we've been through. In a lot of ways, I feel like Anthony and I have been married a lot longer than 3--probably since we dated for 6 years before getting married! We got married on July 17, 2004, left for our honeymoon the next day, returned a week later, 2 days later Anthony left for a CBS golf tournament (was gone a week), he returned from his trip and we moved to Chicago 4 days later! It was a whirlwing but unforgettable. We started our lives as a married couple away from all of our family and friends and we truly were on our own. We have both grown and changed so much over the last three years. I love being married and sharing my life with my best friend and with someone who loves me unconditionally. our ceremony was pretty hilarious...my Dad did the ceremony and he definitely had everyone laughing!

I like looking at all the people in the background of this picture
3's over the past 3 years together...

fun memories:
-playing in the snow
-taking walks by the lake
-breakfast on Saturday mornings

Broadway musicals we've seen:
-Wicked (twice)
-Mamma Mia
-Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Answered prayers:
-decision to move to Chicago
-Anthony finding a job after law school
-finding a church home that we love

places we've traveled to:
-Los Angeles, CA
-St. Louis, MO
-Hartford, CT

favorite restaurants:
-Mambo Grill
-Spacca Napoli
-Petterino's

lessons learned:
-how to use public transportation
-how to wear a scarf
-how to survive law school finals

things I do now after being married to Anthony:
-read the newspaper
-cook almost every night
-talk about politics (not always my favorite thing to do but I feel like I'm fairly well informed, which used to not be the case...thanks, babe!)

I can't imagine marriage being any better. We enjoy life and each other and I hope we always do that. I love you, Anthony. Happy Anniversary.

Happy 8th anniversary to my oldest sister, Kim and her husband Derek. I am so thankful for both of you and you have no idea what a huge example you have been to us. We love you both and wish you many more happy years together.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Happy Anniversary Kellee and Anthony! Y'all are precious and I hope we can see you when you get to the Metroplex. Have a great day!

Kim said...

I hope ya'll have a wonderful day. I am so glad we share this special day!

Kristen said...

Congratulations! You two are precious! :)