Well, I'm taking a break from cleaning the apartment to read blogs and post an update. It has been a whirlwind of a last few days but now there is not much more to take care of before flying out on Monday afternoon. The movers came on Thursday (I was told they were coming at 12:00 and they showed up at 9:00 am, so needless to say, it was a bit stressful since I wasn't ready for them! Oh well...they ended up packing a lot more than what they were supposed to so we could get it done faster. Our apartment is completely empty except for our suitcases and air mattresses. We are trying to get out of the apartment as much as possible since there is nothing to do (except for cleaning, of course!). Anthony got back Thursday night pretty late but we met downtown for a late dinner since we were both starving and wanted to catch up since we hadn't seen each other all week. The BAR is over and now we play the waiting game...until November. Isn't that awful they make them wait 3 1/2 months to find out if they pass?? I'm so proud of him though; he studied so hard for that thing! Yesterday was my last day of work, but it hasn't really hit me yet that I won't be going back on Monday. Right now it just feels like I'm going on vacation. It was sad giving all my hugs and telling everyone bye. Anthony met me at work to help carry all my stuff home; we stopped to get some Gelato on the way home, which made me feel better :)
So, our building has some VERY strict guidelines as far as "leaving your apartment in the condition that you found it" and this is simply going to be impossible for us considering we've lived here for 3 years and everything is painted with the cheapest white paint (therefore, every time you touch the wall it leaves a mark). We are supposed to paint over every mark, get out every carpet stain...basically, leave it spotless. Otherwise, we will get charged a ridiculous amount of money. What makes all of this frustrating is not the fact that we need to clean it but the fact that they will come in and replace the carpet and repaint everything no matter how we leave it, so why make us spend our time doing this?? I guess I should wrap up this post and get back to work...
We fly out Monday so tomorrow is our last full day in the city. The weather looks like it will be great, so I think we're planning on spending the whole day outside and downtown. I want to do some shopping (I did hit up H&M today) but there are a few other Chicago stores I want to go to before we leave. I hate that we have to leave during the best time of year up here...if we were moving in January, I'd already be on that plane. I guess I should start preparing myself for that Texas heat. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again but it probably won't be until we're in the big-D!!
2 comments:
I am glad you are planning to enjoy your last weekend there. I know you will miss it. I bet it was hard to say goodbye to your co-workers. They will surely miss you and all you did for them. I hope you got some good shopping in and good food. I hope you are safe on your way back to Texas. I will be thinkin of ya'll as you stay your last night in Chicago. It had to be so hard. We were praying for Anthony this week and thinking of him often as he took the BAR. We are confident he did well. We love you guys and look forward to seeing you soon! Come visit us in August!
Go Anth!!! Sure am proud of all he has accomplished. I know he did awesome. Hope y'all had a fun day yesterday and safe travels today.
Post a Comment