Thursday, July 19, 2007

Well, things are a bit crazy around the Shoemaker household...one week from today the movers come to get all of our stuff AND Anthony will be finished with the BAR exam!! We have lots to do before then, and we were both realizing last night that we haven't really had time to think about the fact that we really are moving in a week and a half. Our apartment is in complete disarray--piles of laundry to do, BAR study books, moving boxes, half cleaned out closets, old newspapers piled up that we haven't had a chance to read. I am just about sick of having such a messy apartment but I don't feel its worth my time to pick up when everything is about to be put in a box. Anthony leaves on Sunday morning for Dallas...his exam starts on Tuesday and will be over around 5:00 PM on Thursday. 3 days of testing...yuck! I know he will pass but just the constant feeling of something so big hanging over you has got to be hard. I've been quizzing him each night and let me just say that he knows his stuff. And I've learned more about the law than I ever thought I'd know. Good luck, Anthony!

My replacement at my job started on Monday and I've been training her all week, which has made it feel more real that I don't have much longer at this job. Training someone is tiring, and I feel like I have never talked so much in my life. I am very much ready for something new (even though I have no idea what I want to do when we move to Dallas), I know I am ready for a change and ready to not work an "office-type" job. I will miss my co-workers, and I've had the best boss for the last 3 years but its time to move on. If any of you know of any fun sounding jobs in Dallas let me know!

Now that the move is less than 2 weeks away, I am feeling more and more ready everyday. I am sad that we have to leave Chicago because we both love the city so much, but I'm ready for our next adventure and to embrace this next phase of our lives. We have a lot to look forward to in Dallas and much to be thankful for; God has truly blessed us and we are eternally gratetful for everything we have. It will be fun to be within driving distance of our families, and we're looking forward to living so close to most of our good college friends. 3 years ago when we drove that Penske truck across the country (just the two of us) we were such different people than we are now. We have learned and experienced a lot about life, and I will forever be thankful we had this opportunity. My how the time flies!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, I can't believe its time for your move. Training your replacement had to make it all the more real. Anthony will do well on the BAR exam and then it will be great for ou to have some time together. I bet he is studying like crazy. I hope you get everything done that you need. We are glad you are going to close to us!! Love you!

Kristen said...

You are getting so close to moving~
I will be praying that you find your place in Dallas and that Anthony passes his test and everything with your move goes smoothly! :)
Goodluck with everything! Sounds like you have lots on your plate right now. I know how that feels! :)

Marcia said...

Your blogs usually make me jealous of the good food, fun times or running you are up to. I can honestly say I do not envy you two right now with all the studying and packing. Good luck to Anthony and you!

Allison said...

WOW less than 2 weeks. How exciting. Yall are going to LOVE it here.

When we were in Plano we went to Farmers Branch C/C. We LOVED it. Yall should try it once you get settled.