Wednesday, August 8, 2007

UNPACKING & VACATION

Sorry for neglecting my blog for over a week…for those of you who have moved, I know you understand the lack of time to get on the computer. We don’t have the internet at our new place yet, so the few times I was able to get online, I had to run up to the public library. Anyway, we spent all of last week unpacking our things and trying to get settled. I have never seen so much paper in my life!! When the movers came to pack our fragile items, they wrapped EVERY item in at least 2 huge pieces of paper (maybe more) then stuffed the boxes full of more paper. I have to say, nothing broke but trying to figure out what to do with all of that paper was a big project and the more boxes we unpacked, the more paper we had to get rid of. We pretty much got everything put away and furniture where we want it before we left on Tuesday morning…

We’re in SAN FRANCISCO for the next 5 days then heading to the WINE COUNTRY for 3 days!!! We flew in yesterday afternoon, rode the train from the airport to Union Square, grabbed a sandwich, checked in to Hotel California, then headed out to do some exploring. After being here less than 24 hours, Anthony and I both agree that we could for sure live here. It’s a beautiful city with so much character and the weather is perfect. We had dinner at a wonderful neighborhood restaurant A-16, and already I feel like a local. If you are a wine person, this is definitely the place for you!! Our hotel is a small, boutique hotel and we are on the top floor so we have a decent view! We’re only 3 blocks from Union Square and not far from Chinatown. I think we may be headed to Chinatown and North Beach (Italian neighborhood) today. I will try to post again soon and will try and post some pictures too.

4 comments:

Marcia said...

I'm glad to hear you got moved in and somewhat situated.

Have fun in San Francisco! It is such a great city to visit. I think our day exploring North Beach, Chinatown and a few other spots was my favorite. Monica and I ate lunch at a little calzone restraunt. It was beautiful weather so we got to sit at a table on the sidewalk outside for lunch. We also ate at a french bakery one morning that was probably the best food of our trip. It was called Tartine. If you come across it you should definitely stop in. Ok..back to the real world for me now. Have fun!

Kim said...

Sounds like ya'll are having a great time and enjoying yourselves. We loved SF too. it would be a neat place to live. Have a great time!

Kristen said...

How fun! We want to go there someday! :)

Allison said...

Yall have sooo much fun! I am jealous. San Francisco is one of my favorites BY FAR!

Eat lots of crab! Do Alcatraz FOR SURE! I loved it! And be ready to WALK WALK WALK!!

Can't wait to see your pictures!!