Saturday, August 11, 2007

Our trip so far...

Well, we are still in San Fran and are loving every minute of this vacation...if you've never been here, you should definitely try to visit sometime because it is BEAUTIFUL and such a GREAT place!! We have had a very full last 5 days and I have already taken over 200 pictures. Here is just a glimpse of what we've been up to...

We have been eating extremely well since we've been here but our favorite meal so far was at A-16, a local Italian restaurant. He we are after a nice leisurely dinner enjoying some vino!


We have done so much walking here...and the hills make each block seem so much longer. We actually made the walk UP Lombard St., which was quite challenging but worth the view once we got to the top. Here's a picture of us from the top with Lombard St. on our left. Anthony and I found our future house here...you can only see the beautiful flowers hanging from the balcony in this picture (top left corner)!!

I know this picture doesn't look like anything special but let me just say that this is literally the BEST bakery I have ever been to in my life - Tartine Bakery - and I could have had one of everything in the place. It is this small place and packed with people. We tried a slice of quiche, ham Croquie, chocolate croissant, morning bun, coconut macaroon, a latte & cappucino. Hey, we're on vacation so we can eat whatever we what, right? I have to also say that the coffee is just better here. Anthony and I are both addicted to coffee and Starbucks doesn't even compare to these local places (especially the places in the Italian neighborhood).
The view of the city from the top of a hill at a park we spent an hour at just watching the people.


We spent some time in Alamo Square, which is where the famous houses from Full House are. I was a HUGE fan of that tv show, so it was very exciting to see where the Tanner family had their picnic!

Seeing the Golden Gate Bridge has definitely been one of our favorite things we've done so far. It is truly amazing and very impressive. We had PERFECT weather!! We actually walked across (1 3/4 mi.) then walked back. I think we probably walked 10 or 11 miles total yesterday because we spent the morning walking around Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury, Alamo Square then the GG bridge. It was a bit cold on the bridge but we were prepared. I'll post more pictures when I have more time.

We went to the Ferry Plaza Farmer's market this morning and were in heaven. I have never seen so much fresh, local foods and breads. We ate breakfast and lunch there and even brought home some stuff for our midnight snack later! Our friends, Jordan & Kelci Brock, arrived in San Fran today, and we are meeting them for a nice, sushi dinner in a little while. It will be great to see them and spend the rest of our vacation with great friends. We'll spend tomorrow in SF, then head up to Napa on Monday morning.

5 comments:

Marcia said...

I'm so glad you went to Tartine and loved it as much as we did! I think I had the morning bun too. I can close my eyes and taste it now.

Kristen said...

I am so jealous! How fun for you guys! Hope you have a safe trip home.

Chesley said...

You and Anthony have so much fun! I want to vacation with you guys! :) You have some great pictures. We spent a very short time in San Fran. when Brad played a game out there. I would love to go back and spend more time. Your poor uncle Wayne trecked some of those hills around China town. He was a good sport.

Kim said...

I loved SF too. I am glad ya'll are having fun!There is so much to see and do and such good food. I really enjoyed the farmers market too. How was the game. Have fun in Napa!

Anita said...

You guys are having such a fun time during this season of your life. I would love to go on a trip with y'all because there seems to always be alot of good eating involved!!!