Monday, October 20, 2008

Redeeming Love

I just finished a wonderful book last night, Redeeming Love. I know its been around for a while but I just got around to reading it. I had heard that it was a wonderful book, and I must agree. For those of you who haven't read it, it is a must read!

Even though this is a fiction book there were still life lessons to take away from it. Throughout reading Redeeming Love, I am reminded of God's love and how much He wants to be a part of our lives. There is nothing we can do to change that; no matter how much we screw up in life. It is comforting to know that we have a God whose love is unchanging and who longs to be a part of our lives. I was also amazed by the love Michael showed his wife, and I hope and pray that I can show my spouse unconditional love every day. What a great thing to be reminded of! Today I'm thankful I have a wonderful husband who is my best friend and loves me, and I'm thankful for a God who desires a relationship with me, won't ever give up on me and loves me unconditionally.

I'm in need of a book recommendation so for all you readers out there, send some my way.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am so glad you liked the book. It is so amazing and a great reminder of God's love for us now matter what. And, that we need to show others that same love. I'll get you some other book recommendations later.

Kasey Lane McCollum said...

I really like Anne Lamott. I read just about any of her works that I can get my hands on (Blue Shoe-novel, Traveling Mercies-memoir, Plan B- memoir).

allyo said...

I am on book four of the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyers. They are different then anything I have ever read, but I have REALLY enjoyed them.

The Houston's said...

I LOVED the book too!! Thanks for reminding me!