Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Homecoming

Last weekend we made the trip to Abilene for ACU homecoming. I do enjoy going back to good ol' Abilene--brings back lots of memories and reminds of how simple life used to be when I was a college student. So much has changed around campus! For those of you who haven't been back in a while, the biggest change is most definitely The World Famous Bean. They have completely remodeled it and I hear the food is actually good! It was great to see lots of old friends and catch up with family. Tara was pledging, so of course the whole gang went to breakfast to show our support for the youngest KJK family member. Here are some pictures from the weekend:
Me, Jamie, Tara, Laura & Kelli at breakfast...btw, NO I am not pregnant even though it looks like I have a little pregnant belly in this picture. Ha! However, Kelli is pregnant with baby #2 and finds out soon what it is!

Me with Gwen Estes at breakfast--our families go way back and its always great to see her!
Me with the little NuNu...now she's a Kojie because they got in a few nights ago. Oh pledging!

I just had to post this picture of the Mitchen women clan. It was great to see all of them at the parade and get some sugar from little Bailey...she's so precious! I was also able to get some sugar from two of my favorite kids--Elizabeth and Peyton (Kara's kids) but didn't get a picture. It is always great seeing Kara and her family!
Kojie float
Nunus in the parade...the picture is blurry but I promise that's Tara in the middle.
at the football game...
way to go Wildcats on the big win! The older these girls get, the more they look like twins!

It was such a fun weekend and great to see everyone. Anita, if you're reading this, I was looking for you guys at the parade because we always see you there--were yall there and I missed you or did you not go this year?

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great pics. Looks like a fun time of seeing lots of faces. BTW, Barrett is looking at this with me and he said " Look, there are all of the pretty girls I like. And, there is Kellee. She's my girlfriend like Hannah Montana!" HAHA!

Anita said...

No, we didn't make it this year. It's the first time in years we haven't been. We had the carnival at Nathan's school that day. Life is just too busy.

You are right! Laura and Tara look so much alike. I mean identical! Laura's hair is blonder than normal, isn't it?

Rick said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! We couldn't make it this year, so we'll live vicariously through you!