Last night, my phone was ringing and I saw that it was my sister Kim calling...when I answered it, I heard "Hi Kellee!"; it wasn't Kim, it was my nephew Barrett. He just started talking and talked for several minutes telling me all about what he was doing and that Daddy was giving Brooklyn a bath. I asked him some questions and he answered...we had a conversation (he was doing most of the talking) and when he was finished he say "bye" and hung up. I couldn't stop laughing. I had to call back because I wasn't sure if he had just picked up the phone and called me on his own or if he hung up too soon because Kim needed to talk to me. Derek answered and explained that Barrett just wanted to talk to me, so he dialed the number for him and watched as B paced around the game room just chatting away!! He gets that from his mother :)
These are the things that I love about being an aunt. I love that they are getting to the age where they know who we are and we can really communicate with each other. Kids are so much FUN!!
4 comments:
How fun! I had the sweetest message on my answering machine from Nathan for a few years that I couldn't bear to erase. I was so sad when we had to get a new machine.
I can totally see Kim pacing on her phone calls. She is a big pacer/talker! Nathan talks like Clay on the phone. Funny kids!
I am glad he made you laugh. He was so happy that he got to talk to you a long time. Yes, I do pace alot on the phone and I guess Barrett will be like me in that way, but hopefully he won't like to talk on the phone as much as me.
That's so cute that he called you like that. He's a funny guy! Don't we all pace around when we're on the phone?!! I know I do! We get it because we used to have to stand there in the kitchen and talk on the phone. We got so tired of just standing that we walked around...into the pantry, into the kitchen, into the dining room, and back. HA!
Post a Comment