I think it might be time for a new pair of jeans...
I have had this pair of jeans since high school and they are my favorite pair. No, they aren't a fancy brand, didn't cost very much or have any special features, but I love the way they fit and how comfortable they are. You can't tell from the picture, but there is now a huge hole in the left knee and the denim is so thin the rest could tear at any moment. I have had these jeans for almost 8 years and I've become quite attached. This is the pair of jeans that I can wear with anything (t-shirt and running shoes or a fancy top and heels) and now they are just a pair of jeans with a big hole in the knee. Since I have had them for so long, they get very stretched out and have be washed and dried after every 2 wears; I know these industrial dryers we have in our apartment building have helped bring an end to these jeans sooner! Now I will be on the hunt for a new pair...I hate shopping for jeans because I can't ever seem to find what I'm looking for and I am kind of picky. I think Anthony will be glad to see these jeans go...I don't think he's a big fan of the Levi's.
I have had this pair of jeans since high school and they are my favorite pair. No, they aren't a fancy brand, didn't cost very much or have any special features, but I love the way they fit and how comfortable they are. You can't tell from the picture, but there is now a huge hole in the left knee and the denim is so thin the rest could tear at any moment. I have had these jeans for almost 8 years and I've become quite attached. This is the pair of jeans that I can wear with anything (t-shirt and running shoes or a fancy top and heels) and now they are just a pair of jeans with a big hole in the knee. Since I have had them for so long, they get very stretched out and have be washed and dried after every 2 wears; I know these industrial dryers we have in our apartment building have helped bring an end to these jeans sooner! Now I will be on the hunt for a new pair...I hate shopping for jeans because I can't ever seem to find what I'm looking for and I am kind of picky. I think Anthony will be glad to see these jeans go...I don't think he's a big fan of the Levi's.
11 comments:
I have several comments. First of all, I think it's hilarious that this type of information dissemination is now what the internet is being used for (at least among 25-30 year old female types). Second, it's even more hilarious that you made our bed (that's the red background) and put the jeans down and took their picture. Also, what are the "special features" you refer to that some jeans have? Is this like the pre-made holes that Abercrombie pioneered? Finally, I'm not sure what evidence there is to suggest that I dont like those jeans. You look great in those jeans--always have. Those jeans have been around alomost as long as I have!
so, I'm a tad sentimental about these jeans. yes, i realize they have been around as long as you have--that's a long time to have something! also, that's what's great about the internet--you can put whatever information you want on it. funny that you pick this post to comment on when there have been lots of others you could have left a comment about.
I agree you can put whatever you want o your blog or the internet. I understand what it is to have a great pair of jeans and not want to part with them. And you should be proud that you can still fit into jeans from so long ago. Derek just got rid of jeans he had for 10 years, for the same reason, they tore. Good luck on your hunt for new jeans. I really like Gap long and lean jeans. And I think it is cute that you took made the bed, took a picture and shared this info. You're the best. I love you!
I totally understand having a heard time getting rid of something like this and taking a picture to share. A couple months ago I finally got rid of the two pairs of running shoes I wore to train and run my first marathon. After three years, I finally realized that it was gross to hold onto something like that. I did take a picture first, because I was going to blog about them but never got around to it. Maybe someday...
I think it's impressive that you can fit in your jeans from high school! LOTS of people can't say that!
Yes, I think it's interesting that Anthony just pops in every now and then to comment on your blog. I guess big time soon-to-be lawyers are too cool for blogging. I would love to have anything from high school that I could still fit into and was still cool. Those clothes we wore back then were SO dorky!
I just wish I could still fit into ANY of my jeans!!! Go away baby weight!!!
Watch out Anita, I might come over to your blog and leave a few comments! Actually, I think my comments might be the first activity by a male on this blog.
Seriously though everyone, I can attest to Anita's dorky look circa 1993. Of course, I'm sure she'd attest to mine as well, so maybe I'll just pipe down.
Yes, Anth. You better pipe down. I could pull out a long list on you. Feel free to post on my blog anytime. Love you lots! Anita
Oh, Anthony! We can't all be geniuses like you!! And Kellee can use this space for whatever she wants. :) Just kidding, bro. (You can post on my blog, too! I'm sure it's not as riveting as Kellee's, though!)
Kellee--I recognize those jeans!! 8 years, though?!! Wow. I probably have some pairs that are that old, but not because I wear them all the time...only because they don't fit me anymore!! :) Looking forward to seeing you soon. Call me tomorrow--I'm available!
I am still wearing a pair of jeans that are almost that old. I TOTALLY understand the attachment.
Goodluck on new ones. I love Citizens!!! They are my favorite. :)
Post a Comment