Katie's Wedding festivities
Over the weekend, my best friend since 1st grade, got married and I was so honored to be there for all the fun! I flew in on Thursday afternoon (just before all the rain and flooding began) and spent the afternoon doing last minute wedding errands with Katie. We hosted a lingerie party for her on Thursday night and had a great time being silly girls and giving Katie some married-woman advice. I stayed the night at Katie and Paul's new house with Katie, Mallory and Mrs. Mitchen and what fun we had! We told funny stories, reminisced, helped Katie pack for the honeymoon and even ended up all singing the song Katie and I wrote in 4th grade (with my sister Kim's help). The Mitchen family was my second family growing up and I have so many memories with them. It was so fun to catch up with them!!
Me, Mallory and Katie at the lingerie shower
It is so neat to have a friend who has known me practically my entire life. We have been through so many milestones and changes together and it is such a blessing to know I can always count on Katie for anything. I am so thankful for our friendship and can't wait to live so close to each other in Dallas. I hope we both have daughters the same age so they can grow up being best friends like us.
Katie and me at the Rehearsal dinner
Over the weekend, my best friend since 1st grade, got married and I was so honored to be there for all the fun! I flew in on Thursday afternoon (just before all the rain and flooding began) and spent the afternoon doing last minute wedding errands with Katie. We hosted a lingerie party for her on Thursday night and had a great time being silly girls and giving Katie some married-woman advice. I stayed the night at Katie and Paul's new house with Katie, Mallory and Mrs. Mitchen and what fun we had! We told funny stories, reminisced, helped Katie pack for the honeymoon and even ended up all singing the song Katie and I wrote in 4th grade (with my sister Kim's help). The Mitchen family was my second family growing up and I have so many memories with them. It was so fun to catch up with them!!
Me, Mallory and Katie at the lingerie shower
It is so neat to have a friend who has known me practically my entire life. We have been through so many milestones and changes together and it is such a blessing to know I can always count on Katie for anything. I am so thankful for our friendship and can't wait to live so close to each other in Dallas. I hope we both have daughters the same age so they can grow up being best friends like us.Katie and me at the Rehearsal dinner
Cynthia drove up for the wedding and it was such a treat getting to see her and catch up! The three of us always have so much fun together and have remained close after all these years. We've known Cynthia since 3rd grade and have been through a lot with her too. I am very fortunate to still have so many close friends who I've known for so many years.
Cynthia, Katie and me
After the wedding, we went to Spring Creek with my mom, Kim, Derek, Kara and their kiddos to eat and hang out. It was fun catching up and watching Barrett and Elizabeth play and dance together. I wish I would have taken some pictures but I know my sisters got some.
On Sunday, Anthony and I went out to the Colonial golf tournament to see Lance and his other CBS friends and also get in some golf. Unfortunately, it rained all weekend so the course was very muddy but it was still a fun time and good to see everyone. Its always great to see Lance! Sunday night, we met our good friends Jordan and Kelci at Pappasito's for our Tex-Mex fix and we had a wonderful time catching up with them. They got Anthony a bottle of wine called "Jordan" to celebrate his completion of Law school, so we went back to the house and chatted some more. We are blessed with so many great friends in our life!
Jordan and Anthony
On Monday, we went over to my Aunt Cindy's house for dinner and enjoyed getting to see the Walton clan and catch up with everyone. My mom, Kara and Elizabeth were still in town so it was fun getting to spend a little more time wit them as well. All the kids have gotten so big--I think it had been at least a year since I've seen them.
I am back in Chicago now and will try and stay busy since I'm alone for a while. Everyone comes next Thursday for the graduation festivities. I'm looking forward to seeing my parents and Anthony's family and of course, my husband!
2 comments:
What a fun, fun weekend! What a fun time for you and Katie, Mallory, and Julie to share memories. I would love to hear that song y'all wrote. Looked for you guys at church, saw your mom and Kara. Hopefully we'll see y'all before too long.
It was great to see you and Anthony this weekend! Glad you had a safe trip home. Can't wait for that cousin party! :)
Post a Comment