Monday, June 27, 2011

recipe

Remember this post featuring the peach & blueberry crumble? Well, I thought I would share the recipe with you because...

1) it's easy

2) peaches are currently in season and blueberries are great for baking

3) my husband can't stop talking about how good it was

4) since I just bought several pounds of peaches at the Dallas Farmer's Market on Saturday, I'll be making it again soon and had the recipe out already

5) I want you to enjoy this delicious dish too!

Blueberry Peach Crumble

For the filling: Toss 5 cups peeled and cut peaches, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice and 1/2 tsp. lemon zest in a medium bowl. Set aside.

For the topping: Place 6 T. flour, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar , 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and 1/4 tsp. salt in food processor workbowl fitted with steel blade. Add 6 T. chilled butter and pulse until mixture moves from dry sand-like appearance with large lumps of butter to a coarse oatmeal texture, about three 4-second bursts. Add 3/4 cup nuts (I used combination of pecans and walnuts) and pulse until mixture resembles crumbly sand, about five 1-second bursts. Refrigerate mixture at least 15 minutes.

To assemble: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Scrape fruit mixture into 8-inch square baking pan. Distribute chilled topping evenly over fruit; bake for 40 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees; bake until fruit is bubbling and topping is deep golden brown.

Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!

During the Fall, replace peaches & blueberries with apples & cranberries...YUM!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

This sounds wonderful! My two favorite fruits in one dessert! I'm going to have to try this