Saturday, November 13, 2010

thankfulness

Day 12: I am thankful for sisters and friends who give me lots of advice/tips about having a baby, what to bring to the hospital, things to be sure to have at home, etc. I know there are books that give lots of helpful information but hearing specifically from the people I love and trust has been more helpful for me. It's nice to have people in my life who have gone through this before for so many reasons!!

Day 13: today I am thankful to be 38 weeks pregnant...14 days to go (give or take a few)...WOW!! It really is hard to believe we are just a few short weeks away from meeting our baby girl, becoming parents, and our lives being forever changed by this little one. I was just reading in my journal this morning about how we found out and when we started telling everyone. That seems like so long ago, but at the same time it feels just like yesterday. Even though I am uncomfortable most of the time, I get out of breath easily and going up the stairs is more work than I ever imagined, I am thankful that this little one growing inside of me and for those kicks/punches that serve as constant reminders that a little life is in there. So cool! I can't wait to tell her all about her family and our wonderful friends who have "known" her for her entire life and who already love her so much.

My due date is November 27th (exactly two weeks from today) but I really don't think she is going to come on her due date and will probably be late. I am guessing she will be born on December 1 and Anthony guesses November 30. I would love to hear your predictions! My doctor will let me go two weeks past my due date, so she could be born as late as December 11 (I am seriously hoping not!) if I want to wait it out that long and not be induced.

3 comments:

Aspiring Kennedy said...

i'm working with your doctor to push the d-day back to dec 27th so we can be there. so i'll put $5 on 12.27

Anthony said...

As usual, when Lauren proposes a wager, the smart money is to take the other side and up the ante as high as she will allow. I do miss betting with you LBK.

Kim said...

I'm guessing December 3. I am so excited for ya'll!!