Friday, July 17, 2009

5 years ago today...

...I married my best friend! It is so hard to believe 5 years has gone by since we said "I do". We have had so much fun together and I cannot wait to see what the next 5 years will bring. I love my hubby more today than ever before and am so proud of the man he is and am spoiled by how much he loves me. Here are some pics from our wedding day...
my Dad married us--he did a great job and definitely made us all laugh quite a bit :)

off to Isla Mujeres, Mexico...wish we were going back there to celebrate this year, maybe one day
In the last five years, here's a few things of the fun things we've done:
~moved to Chicago 3 weeks after getting married to start our life together. I was scared moving to a city where we didn't know one person, but it didn't take long for it to feel like home; lived here for 3 years
~drove from Chicago all the way to Akron, OH, Hartford, CN, New York, NY, Niagara Falls, NY then back to Chicago
~in addition to the places above, visited St. Louis, New Orleans, Milwaukee, San Francisco/Sonoma (3 times), L.A., Indianapolis
~participated in the Chicago Marathon (I ran, Anthony cheered me on)
~bought our first home
~bought a car
~seen a ton of broadway shows together, frequent the symphony (Chicago when we lived there and now Dallas, hundreds of concerts
~softball
~go to baseball games when we visit a new city and loved going to White Sox game since we used to live 10 minutes from the field
~used to live in the same building where President Obama works out...remember, I rode in the elevator with him twice before he was President :)
We have a great time together and love doing new things, exploring what this world has to offer and making the most of being married. I thank God for my marriage and consider myself wonderfully blessed. Happy anniversary, Anthony!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! We'll be celebrating our 5 years exactly one month from today. 5 years sure does go by really fast!