for the 4th of July, Anthony and I flew up to Milwaukee, WI to be with his extended family for a mini-family reunion. We had a great time all being together and the weather was a nice change from the 100 degrees we've been having in Dallas. Of course, we did lots of eating, shopping and just hanging out. When this family gets together, we are loud and crazy...for example, the girls thought it would be fun to do some workout videos at 11:00 at night! Thanks Uncle Jim for taking pictures of that that I hope you deleted off your camera. We attempted to lay out by the pool, but didn't get much of a tan since it was cloudy and no more than 70 at the hottest time of the day. We also played some great games of knock-out in the driveway, and the only two people to win were the in-laws...me and Jon! I hadn't played basketball in forever, so it was fun to play again. It was a great time together and so much fun hanging out. I didn't take many pictures since Jim took so many, so I'm hoping to get a copies of all of them (except those of us doing Booty-licious workouts!
After a few days in WI, Anthony and I took the Amtrak train to Chicago to spend a night there. We enjoyed being outside in the PERFECT weather, went to the Taste of Chicago, hung out with friends and ate at some favorites restaurants. I even managed to squeeze in an hour of shopping!
The pictures are in reverse order because blogger is being difficult!
pictures from our river boat architecture cruise in chicago



dinner with good friends in chicago




dinner with good friends in chicago
i love everyone's expressions in this picture...it wasn't meant to be silly but it just shows how crazy the family is when we're all together; and for some reason blue was a popular color that day

outside of the art museum in milwaulee

outside of the art museum in milwaulee
We have had a busy summer so far, but it has been relaxing and so fun at the same time.
An update on softball--we are now 2-2 and are currently tied for 3rd with two other teams. We still have 6 more games to pull ahead, however, the teams we have left to play are both un-defeated!



No comments:
Post a Comment