Wednesday, August 12, 2009

time for a post

I'm not sure if it's my computer or blogger that is giving me trouble uploading pictures! I've given up on trying to get them uploaded for this post...they will just have to wait, but I figured I would update the blog regardless. I haven't been motivated to keep up with my blog for quite some time. We have had lots going on and it's not that I don't have anything to say or opinions to express, I just haven't wanted to sit down and do it. Lazy? yes! I'm going to try and do better about keeping up with this thing but I make no guarantees. Any of you other bloggers out there ever start feeling bad if you haven't blogged in a while? I do and I'm not even sure why since I don't think anyone even misses when I don't update. So, here's a recap of what's been going on around the Shoemaker house the past month:

we had a wonderful anniversay, celebrating 5 years of marriage! we decided to stay home and cook a great meal together. anthony grilled filets on the grill and they were amazing, and we also had homemade mac & cheese, fresh green beans, tomato salad and biscuts...plus our favorite chocolate pie for dessert and a great bottle of wine from 2004 (the year we got married).

i also went to Houston to hang out with my parents a few weekends ago and it was great fun! i actually go to have dinner with an old friend (who I've known since 3rd grade) and it was wonderful to get caught up on life. cynthia is the kind of friend that i can not talk to or see for months but when we do, we pick up right were we left off--friends like this are a breath of fresh air. the rest of the time i was in houston, I spent with my parents. I can't remember the last time I was home, just me, with no other family home with me. I enjoyed having my parents all to myself :)

anthony turned the big 2-7 last week, so we had a little party at the homestead for him. i cooked his favorite things and friends came over to enjoy birthday cake with us. i actually made a new recipe for his cake and we all loved it! i will post the recipe someday but its from the cookbook called The Pastry Queen and EVERYTHING I've ever made from it has been outstanding! It's a great gift to give someone who loves to bake

my brother and his wife & kids came up to stay the weekend with us a few weekends ago and it was so much fun. Since we don't have kids of our own yet, we don't have any toys, so when the kiddos come to stay with us we have to improvise. We had a great time with them all of them here and even brushed up on our mini-golf skills

Last weekend, my sister Kara and her family came up on Friday evening to stay the night with us. We went out to eat, played at the park, got ice cream and even went to the Farmer's Market. It was a surprise visit but were so glad it worked out that we could see them. It's been great to see so much of our family recently, and we're heading to Houston this weekend to spend time with Anthony's family, which will be great fun!
Our final softball game was last night, and the Sluggers ended the season 4-4...not so bad, I guess. We didn't play in last night's game because we were out celebrating a good friend's birthday! I'm getting too old to be out late on work nights...ha!
It's hard to believe summer is just about over. It's been a great summer, but I have to say I really am looking forward to football season!

No comments: