We started our morning off with a workout at the gym then came home and I made breakfast for us. We had heart-shaped blueberry pancakes, bacon, sausage and eggs. It was great to just hang out, eat & drink our coffee while chatting and listening to music.
We went to see Revolutionary Road in the afternoon. It was a good movie, not the most upbeat film, but the acting was great and we discussed the movie for a while after it was over.

Anthony was in charge of dinner, and let me say he did an excellent job! I love to cook but its nice every now and then to not have to think about what I'm going to cook and for someone else to be in charge. Here's what we had...
1st course...caprese salad and sparkling wine
2nd course...lobster ravioli with zodka cream sauce

my man cooking in the kitchen :)
3rd course...steak and potatoes...Anthony used to make these potatoes in college and I love them. He hasn't made them in quite some time so I was pleasantly surprised when he told me that's what he was making. They are a little crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside; the perfect hash brown potato!!
We don't usually go too crazy with gifts for Valentine's day but we do like to give each other fun little items...nothing fancy though. Usually a movie, cd, or something of the sort.
On a different note, since I did quite a bit of baking over the weekend I thought I would blog about one of my favorite baking tools...these adorable measuring cups from Anthropologie.

I get so excited to use them and for some reason it makes baking more fun when I use these. This is one of the best gifts I ever bought for myself! Anthropology has the cutest stuff and you can always find great gift items there.
1 comment:
Sounds like you all had a great weekend. Fun times. And what cute and stylish measuring cups. I love walking around that store. Have a great week!
Post a Comment