Monday, March 2, 2009

ready for a vacation...

The past few weeks have been a bit crazy for me. Work has been extremely busy/stressful, we headed to Abilene for good ol' Sing Song and last Monday I woke up with the flu. I am finally feeling back to normal, which is a good thing since I get to leave on Saturday for California!! Anthony and I will spend a few days in Sonoma & San Fran before my mom and sisters come out for a some girl time. I am looking forward to getting away and relaxing with my hubby and favorite girls.

Side note--the flu is the most miserable experience. I've never had the flu and never gotten a flu shot, maybe next year I'll get the shot. However, I've known people that have still gotten the flu even after getting the shot. Anthony was sick too, so we were tons of fun to be around last week!

On Friday, one of my best friends gave birth to a healthy baby BOY! He is healthy and everyone is doing great. I can't wait to get down to San Antonio to meet the little guy. Congrats Jordan & Kelci on your beautiful baby boy!

My hubby is still at work :( so since I was home alone all night, I decided to watch the Bachelor finale. I stopped watching this show after college--believe me, me and my friends were religious about watching this show in college--but I just got tired of it after a while. Plus, in our apartment in Chicago, we only had one tv and Anthony wasn't about to watch it with me :) Anyway, I know it is such a popular show...but why? Why did I used to watch it so much? No one ever stays together and its hard to believe they really fall in love in just a few short months of knowing each other with other girls and cameras all around them. I guess we're intrigued by the idea of people falling in love and it being for real. Maybe we all identify with certain "characters" on the show and we want them to win in the end. Whatever the reason, I can't believe I wasted my time.

I can't believe its already March! I do love that Daylight Savings time starts this weekend and warm weather is just around the corner :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad ya'll are feeling better! Flu is horrible. I cam excited about our trip too. See you Sunday! Love you
1

Anonymous said...

Kellee, We loved having stay with us the other night at PK. Sing Song was great HEY Sub-T & KOJIES!
Hope you seats were OK. Sorry Jere and Kelli had to bail early. Did you see Jeff? He came out with Jamie and JD on Sunday to be with us for Jere's B-Day. Andrew was very sick! I'm sorry you were sick this past week. I never get the shot either, but fortunately, I haven't had the flu either. Love you sweet