HOCKEY
On Friday night, we went to dinner and the Stars game with our friends Brannon & Meredith. Brannon also just passed the BAR, so it was a fun night of celebrating. Dinner took longer than expected so we only got to see the 3rd period of the game (and most fans had left already), but it was still fun. It was my first hockey game to ever see live and I enjoyed it.
With only 10 seconds left in the game (and the Stars down by 5 points), two players got into a fight! I was excited since that is a huge part of hockey! Too bad I wasn't able to get it on camera. It was pretty funny and a good last bit of entertainment.
On Friday night, we went to dinner and the Stars game with our friends Brannon & Meredith. Brannon also just passed the BAR, so it was a fun night of celebrating. Dinner took longer than expected so we only got to see the 3rd period of the game (and most fans had left already), but it was still fun. It was my first hockey game to ever see live and I enjoyed it.
SURPRISE DINNER
On Saturday night, Anthony and I went to dinner before the symphony. Anthony's Aunt Diana called me that afternoon to get the details on when and where we'd be eating because she wanted to do something special for Anthony since he passed the BAR. Well, she decided to get Granny & Gramps in on the surprise too, and they decided they would pay for our dinner and have a bottle of Champagne brought to us as well. I knew what to expect but Anthony had no idea so I was trying to convince him to splurge and just order whatever he wanted (those were instructions from the relatives). We had a great dinner and the food was very good! We were running a little late and didn't want to be late for the symphony, so after we finished our entrees Anthony told the waiter that we were just going to skip dessert and to bring the check. A few minutes later, the owner, our waiter and another helper come out with a special dessert with a sparkler going off and the Champagne. They told him who it was from and congrats on passing the BAR. Anthony was very surprised and we decided to enjoy the dessert and just be a few minutes late to the symphony. Luckily, we weren't far from the symphony center and only missed the first measure. We had a great time at the symphony and have tickets to go again at the end of the month. I'm glad it all went as planned and that he was surprised. Thanks Diana & Jack and Granny & Gramps for making our night even more special!! We're blessed to have such wonderful family who care a lot about us.
4 comments:
What a fun time. And a great way to celebrate Anthony's huge success. Glad you had a fun weekend! Love you!
Those Granas are SO sweet! Y'all are so cultural. I remember dreading the symphony when I was little and my mom took me there. I think we went with Donna and Betsy Westbrook. That tells you how long and how many lifetimes ago that was!
what a fun evening!
It was so good to hear from you. You are beautiful, and I loved looking at your blog. I look forward to keeping in touch now. Please send your family my love.
Post a Comment