Friday, April 8, 2011

calling all mommy readers...

I need your help!

I am in need of a jogging stroller but am not sure which one to get!

I absolutely LOVE to run and I'm dying to get back out there and get into shape.

Since I have a little 4 month old I'll be toting around while I run, I need to know what jogging stroller to get, so please give me your thoughts/suggestions!


Is the BOB really worth the $400+ or is there another kind out there that works just as well but is cheaper? I want something safe for Olivia and easy to push/maneuver for me!

7 comments:

Erynn said...

Hey! I'm not a serious runner so I won't give you my opinion but Bonnie wrote a post on it and swears by her BOB. So does my friend Katie.

Check out the CityJogger too...I have the citymini and love it. I do jog with it and it's great with me.

Kim said...

I have a Baby Trend that was like $100. I used it for runs,walks and many other outdoor activities with both my kids and still do occasionally. I never ran longer than 6 miles probably. I liked it fine,but one thing I would say is good to have is a swivel front tire. This makes it easy to keep your pace at turns.

Bonniebeewester said...

Gonna be honest, the BOB is definitely worth every cent. Maybe you could find one on eBay/craigslist? You can seriously push it with your pinky if you wanted to. It maneuvers so easily.

Anonymous said...

The BOB is worth it- absolutely. Make absolutely sure you get one with a swivel front wheel or you will not have fun with any jogging stroller. Good luck.

Marcia said...

Mine is a Tike Tech. It came from Target so I know it was cheaper than a BOB. I liked it good enough, but I really only used it as a last resort when I had to run with Mallory. It (and Mallory) is just so heavy to push. Maybe the BOB is lighter?

Andy said...

I'm telling you- the Bob is worth every penny. It seriously pushes itself. Seriously. Supposedly they also have great resale value (I haven't sold mine- too attached), but people sell them used for a few years for 3/4 the price you pay new, so that's something to consider. Be sure you get the type you want- they have one that has a front wheel swivel (the one I have) and a fixed wheel for runners who mainly do long straight stretches. We aren't expecting, but are saving for the Bob Duallie ($$$!) because I HAVE to have a Bob. REI had a BOB 20% off sale in May when we got ours...then you have the REI guarantee too, they take back and replace anything that breaks.

Andy said...

Andy was Meagan (Crews)...sorry, wrong sign in.