Friday, July 16, 2010

Palm Beach

We had a wonderful beach vacation with some of our best friends a few weeks ago! We headed east to the Florida coast and enjoyed several days on the beach at Palm Beach. Anthony and I hadn't been on a beach vacation together since our honeymoon (6 years ago), so I was definitely ready for a non-city vacation. Back in January we started talking with our friends the Knights about taking a trip together before they move away (I'm in denial about this, btw) so our first destination we picked was Portugal. We soon realized this was not in the budget for any of us since we are about to have a baby and they are about to go back to school...so, we started looking into other options. Our next idea (mine and Lauren's) was Cabo. We ran this idea by the boys and they were both on board until, we actually started pricing tickets, hotels, golf, etc. and realized we might as well just go to Portugal...so, option 2 was ruled out as well. We were set on going to the beach, so we continued our search and with the help of our aunt Rachel & Bayside Travel, we found a GREAT deal in Palm Beach at The Breakers. We had a great time and the hotel was absolutely beautiful. It ended up being a little more "family friendly" than any of us had expected but we managed to have plenty of grown-up time and I think it will be fun one day to go back with kids. The staff was extremely helpful and the food at the resort was really good. overall, it was a fabulous trip with fabulous people. Here are a few pics...
the gang! such a FUN couple to travel with...can't wait to visit them in England
I think I look about 15 in this picture...can I really be having a baby?!?
these two are so much alike...it's a little scary but I love it
we do LOVE dessert...it's a must after every meal together
this is the best picture we could get after our waiter attempted 3 times; he didn't understand the "press down half-way to focus then click all the way down" concept...oh well!
view from our hotel room
19 week bump :)
downtown West Palm Beach
celebrating the 4th of July with tacos - not very American but at least I'm wearing blue and white
the Knights making their way through their pitcher of margaritas...watch out for that brain freeze!
one of the many rain storms about to hit the area
the entrance to the Breakers...absolutely beautiful
one last look at the beach before it's time to leave; I could have sat here all day!
i love my hubby so much...can't believe it will only be the 2 of us for a few more months

1 comment:

Aspiring Kennedy said...

yeah! i love these pictures...

i am in denial, too. i am so sad i won't be in dallas for your big d-day. i really hope we learn to get the skype cam set up then! :)

and ugh- that brain freeze was pretty brutal. :)

love you!