Wednesday, July 14, 2010

life at 20 weeks

So, I have officially passed the half way point of this pregnancy...WOW!! I am 20 weeks and will post a picture soon. My belly is definitely growing :) and I think I am finally getting the hang of this side-sleeping business. I have to admit, I am having a hard time with the whole "is my baby kicking? has she kicked and I missed it? is that just my stomach making weird noises/movements or is that the baby?" thing. I have definitely felt some flutters and the other day definitely think I felt a very slight kick when I was pressing on my belly for several minutes but I am ready for that moment when I absolutely KNOW it was a kick. I've been told it will happen at any moment, so I find myself thinking about it all the time. Plus, I am ready for baby girl's daddy to "meet" her. Please tell me I'm not insane for getting impatient and at times a little anxious that she's doing okay in there.
A few of my recent cravings...
golden graham cereal
watermelon
taco salad
and still loving lemonade :)

I have been trying to contain myself from buying lots of GIRL items...bows, shoes, outfits...I am loving it all! I did make my first purchase yesterday since finding out our baby is a girl and I bought a pair of pink SHOES from etsy!! I wanted the first thing I bought to be special and I thought there was nothing more appropriate than a new pair of adorable shoes (that I paid way too much for) for a girl who will have "shoe" as part of her name and a mamma who has a slight obsession with buying & wearing fun shoes. I will post a picture when they arrive in the mail :)
I have also been eyeing the website zulily. They some great deals and sales on clothes for moms, moms-to-be, kids and babies. I suggest you check it out in your free time!
What are some of your favorite online shopping sites? I'm always looking for a good bargain!
On a different note, we had a FABULOUS time in Palm Beach over the 4th of July. I will post pictures of our trip soon. It rained some every day, but even with the rain and clouds I managed to get a tan. However, now I am peeling on my back which hasn't happened to me since I was in college. I guess I really haven't been out in the sun much over the last 6 years so my skin was a little more sensitive than usual. It is nice to have a bit of a tan and to expose my growing belly to some sunshine.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

oh dear, etsy is a major problem if you have a girl- have you started looked at hair accessories?? I've bought tons of stuff off there an also from this website- love the fuzzies. www.thebowtique.com