Friday, June 25, 2010

stomach sleeper

For as long as I can remember, I have been a stomach sleeper. To me, it is the best and most comfortable way to sleep :) Now that I have "a bump", I'm trying to make adjustments to my sleeping style, but sleeping on my side just isn't cutting it! I have a hard time getting comfortable and don't know what to do with my arms. Any suggestions from those of you who are side-sleepers?
I have a feeling the next 5 months are going to be a bit challenging if I can't figure this thing out!

4 comments:

Bonniebeewester said...

Sorry for commenting so much but I've been going thorugh all of these exact same issues that you have these past couple of months too!

I, too, was a stomach sleeper. I got one of those body pillows (filled with feathers, not cotton...feathers seem more plyable) and bear hug it. Then I put another regular pillow wedged underneath the small of my back to level me out. Sounds complicated, I know, but it's the only way found that I could get relief. Hope that helps!!! :)

Kim said...

Hey- I am mostly a side sleeper . I usually kind of curl up in a ball on my side and hug my arms together. Though, sometimes I wake up and my arms are asleep. Not so good. But, I think its good to start on your side and you may move to your tummy in the night, but its ok, your body will wake up or not stay like that long as you grow. I never uses a pillow till the very end, but a pillow in between your legs might help out too. Lo ve you! You look so cute!

Anonymous said...

I agree- that was the most traumatic thing to me about being pregnant- not being able to sleep on your stomach. You do eventually get used to it, but it took me awhile. I also got (2!) feather body pillows, one for each side so I could roll over and not have to completely readjust. Then towards the end all you want to do it lay flat on your back but that hurts also... Those wedges you can put under your stomach for support ending up really hurting.
Meagan

Kim said...

I second what Bonnie said about the two pillows. I use a big body pillow at my back and a smaller pillow inbetween my legs for support. This setup was really helpful once my belly was big. I'm also still using the pillows after delivery for recovery. Hope you can get a comfy setup going.