Monday, April 28, 2008

lately

I will try and post pictures from the past few weeks once I figure out how to do that without having to use the keyboard on our computer. Its a long story but basically, the mouse is the only way to navigate using our laptop. Here's what we've been up to lately...It has been a few weeks since I wrote, so I'm going to try and catch you up in one post. April has been such a busy month with work and traveling, so there hasn't been much time to read or post on blogger. I am looking forward to this weekend because we are IN TOWN and don't have anything to do!! Maybe I can finally clean my house since that has been put to the side since I've been out of town every weekend in April.

A few weekends ago, I headed to Houston for Laura's bridal shower on Sunday. I went down on Thursday night, so it was nice to spend the weekend with family and doing wedding stuff. I stayed a few nights with my in-laws, but also got to see my parents and grandparents. Anthony was in Orlando for a work retreat, so it was a good weekend to go home. The shower was a great success and it was fun to see lots of old friends from Bammel CofC.

This past weekend we actually got to hang out with friends! I feel like its been ages since we've been in Dallas on a weekend night to hang out with friends. We had Thai food then went to see the movie Baby Mama, which is quite funny! On Saturday, I drove to Abilene for another shower for Laura. I helped host her lingerie shower yesterday and it was fun too. Tina flew into Dallas Saturday and rode with me to Abilene. It was great to have company on the drive and of course, we had no problem chatting the entire way.

I have also been super busy with work lately, but I am still really enjoying what I'm doing. The new position is going great and I love my new group of kiddos. There have been some new challenges but I've managed to handle everything just fine and am now into a good routine. I did get to visit my old group of kids last week and that was GREAT!! They were so surprised to see me and it was definitely time to get my hugs from all of them. I'm actually spending the day with them tomorrow too :) I told my boss how sad I was to leave them and how much I cried that we worked out a few days that I get to visit them over the next month or so.

I can't believe we only have 1 month left of school. I'm looking forward to my summer schedule of only working part-time (my job working in the after school program isn't in session during the summer), but I'm definitely going to miss all the kids. I'm planning on using my free time to learn Spanish because it will be very beneficial to know in my job. I'm also looking forward to the trips we're taking over the summer--I do love vacations!! As of now, we don't have a trip planned to Chicago but I'm trying to get that one on the calendar. I'm not sure when we'll squeeze it in but hopefully we can find a free weekend...I know Anthony is dying to go back as much as I am so it shouldn't take much convincing :)

By the way, hasn't this spring weather been fabulous?? I just love it and I love sitting outside for dinner.

No comments: