Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Say a little prayer...

Lately, I've had a particular family on my mind and I want to ask for your prayers for this family. Many of you who went to ACU around the time I was there probably know Blake Burchfield. I've known Blake for a long time--he grew up with my cousins, lived with Anthony in college, dated one of my best friends, and I traveled with him (and others from ACU) to Trinidad on a mission trip. He's such a great guy and he and his family could use your prayers. Blake moved to Haiti several years ago to do mission work, and while he was there he met an American girl who was living there too--they got married and have since adopted 2 Haitain children. They are currently trying to move back to the U.S., but they have faced many road blocks along the way. One of the kids is HIV+ and they are having to go through all sorts of things with the U.S. government--to their knowledge, no American family has adopted a child with HIV and tried to bring them legally back to America. They have been told that they WILL be able to bring him back, but since its never been done before the government is learning as they go through this process. They are so close to the end, but the date keeps getting pushed back--they have no idea when they will get to come home and bring their children to America. I ask that you lift this family up in prayer. God is in control of this situation and I know He will bless this family who is doing something remarkable.

I am amazed at what Blake and his wife are doing--taking these 2 kids in, raising them as their own, providing for them and most of all, giving them more love than they could ever imagined. I They've inspired me; they have shown what it means to truly show the love of Jesus to others. I am very interested in International adoption, and hopefully one day Anthony and I are blessed to adopt a child of our own.

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

We'll be praying for their family and their return to America.

Kim said...

Wow, that is amazing what they have done. I will keep thm in my prayers and I hope they return home very soon.