For Easter this year we stayed in Dallas and Anthony's family drove up from Houston to spend it with us. They came on Saturday afternoon so we got to hang out and eat (of course) together that night. The girls talked about wedding plans while the guys watched golf. Saturday night we met the Barrow family for dinner at Hard Eight BBQ and it was quite tasty. They have a huge pit full of all sorts of meats and you just point to what you want. They put your food on a tray and you pay by the pound. I think I got a little carried away and ordered much more food than I was capable of eating. It all looked so good that I just couldn't decide. Anthony and I are still working on the leftovers! On Sunday morning, we drove over to N. Richland Hills to attend church with extended family (the Bankes') at Richland Hills CofC. It had been a long time since I had been to church there, it was good to see some old friends and the service was great. We went over to the Bankes' house for lunch and the rest of the afternoon. We did have an egg hunt for the little kids and us big kids. It had been a few years since I had hunted eggs--even though these eggs were empty, the competitive side came out in all of us and we still raced to see who would get the most. I actually won with 62 eggs! It was a fun weekend and great to be with family.
4 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun! Barry and Karen were also at RH on Sunday with Eleanor. Did you see them?
You look beautiful! And I'm not surprised you won the egg-hunting competition. :)
No, I didn't see them at RH but there were thousands of people there so I could have walked right past them and not realized it.
I'm so glad I found your blog! It has been awhile since we last saw you, but Michael and I are still planning to get together with you guys!
Kellee,
It's Claudia, How are you? I love reading your blog. Will you please email me? I could really use to pick your brain on something. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks, Claudia
gclbabb@yahoo.com
Post a Comment