Last weekend we went to Abilene for ACU Homecoming. It was fun to be back and see lots of old friends. We hadn't been to Homecoming in a few years, so it was fun to walk around campus and see all the new changes. The campus is a lot prettier these days. It was great to spend time with the Shoemakers. We did lots of eating, went to the parade, football game, and stayed up way too late.
This past week was very busy for Anthony at work. He worked really late two nights, so I had time to get some sewing in. I've posted some pictures below of a few things I've made. I am going to Houston in a few weeks to try and sell my stuff. My sweet Mother-in-law is having a party at her house and I will also go up to my Mom's school and set up in the teacher's lounge. I hope it goes well. I am still loving my job working in the after school program. I also had another interview for a part-time job that I would do in the mornings. The interview process has been rather intense but if I get the job it will be worth it. I had to give a 15 minute presentation and interview with 4 different people. We'll see what happens with that. Anthony's sister Laura and her boyfriend came on Thursday night before they headed to Houston for a long weekend. We went out for sushi and had a great time hanging out with them. Friday morning Laura and I went to Market and got a few great deals! We are already trying to figure out when we can go back!
Yesterday, Anthony and I volunteered at this Pumpkin Festival that benefited Central Dallas Ministries. It was a beautiful day and it was fun to be outside. They built a huge pumpkin tower (over 1000 pumpkins) and lit them all up last night. We didn't stay long enough to see them all lit up but I bet it was pretty cool. Last night we went to dinner with Katie and Paul and hung out for a while. It's great living so close to them! They introduced us to a new pizza place that was wonderful and definitely our kind of place. We'll for sure be going back there again soon. Here are a few pictures of the pumpkin tower...
6 comments:
So glad we got to see you. I seem to see you the most out of everyone in your family!
Love those jeans!!! I will have to remember those for my little stinker and her sweet cousin.
Cute pictures. I am glad yall had a fun weekend! Sounds busy. Can't wait to see you!
Thanks for all of your help with the Pumpkin Festival! We should have pictures from the event up on our Web site soon.
www.CentralDallasMinistries.org
Hope all is well!
Jeremy Gregg
Director of Development
Central Dallas Ministries
Wow. You guys have had a lot going on. Sounds like a bunch of fun, though. That's great that Tina is hosting a party for you. What fun that will be! Take care!
Hey Kellee...I was looking at your blog and I love your little outfits you have made. Is that the only boy one you have?? One of my teacher friends is having a boy in 2 weeks and I would love to give her something cute like that!! They are big sports fans, and her baby room colors are baby blue and black?? Not a big deal if not, I just thought your stuff was really cute!! Just let me know!! Laura (Hess)
Laura, I sent a message to your facebook account but YES, I'd love to make something for your friend. Let me know what you think after you read that message.
Post a Comment