Well, I have been a bad blogger lately! Its not that I haven't had anything to post about (we've been quite busy actually), I guess I just haven't made the time to actually post about what's been going on with us. I have been looking for a job consistently over the last few weeks and have even had some interviews. I have a few leads and will let you know if anything comes from them. Looking for a job is basically a full-time job, and to me, is the worst part about starting a new job. Anyway, its going pretty good over all.
I have also been doing quite a bit of sewing and am getting better the more I practice. I will post pictures once I actually get around to taking some! I had my first client (my sweet mother-in-law) placed an order and I actually finished everything over the weekend. She's going to a baby boy shower in a few weeks. Making boy stuff is more of a challenge for me since there just doesn't seem to be as much to work with than girl stuff.
I can't believe its been 2 months since we've moved from Chicago. I miss it a lot but I'm glad I have Anthony to miss it with me. Dallas is slowly growing on us. We are learning more and more about Dallas as time goes on and I've had time to explore and find unique places to shop. We love the area that we live and its really close to some really neat things. We found a great Italian deli that has all kinds of Italian meats, cheeses, wine, pasta, etc. They also sell a few unique Chicago items like Italian beef and hot dogs, so that has been great. Its been great to hang out with old friends and we are finally settled enough that we've been having people over for dinner and to watch football. This past weekend was our first weekend for both of us to be in Dallas, and it was nice to be able to get out on a weekend together. We tried a few new restaurants, went to this really cool wine bar and went to see the movie Into the Wild. It has been a long while since we've been to see a movie--it was fun and the movie was really good. We are still looking for a church home. We have actually only visited a few churches because we've been gone almost every weekend since we've moved. I'm anxious to find our future church so we can get involved.
On a different note, I can't believe how hot it is still and its October. Maybe I've forgotten what Texas feels like in the Fall?!? It was actually hot all over the country this weekend...it was 80 degrees and 86% humidity for the Chicago Marathon; last year it was in the 30s when I ran it. I think it was a big disaster, they weren't prepared for the heat, didn't have enough water and a man actually died. Very sad. I can't believe how different the weather was from when I ran it; I didn't really enjoy running in those temperatures but running in the cold is better than the heat. I am ready for it to get cool here--football season is just better when you get to wear a sweatshirt and cuddle up on the couch.
Hopefully, it won't be as long between my next post...
1 comment:
I thought of you yesterday when I read about the Chicago Marathon and guessed you were very thankful to have run it last year and not this year. I've run a 20 or 25k where they ran out of water & gatorade. That was bad enough, I can't imagine a marathon like that.
Good luck with the job hunt!
Post a Comment