Anthony and I have found a place to live in Dallas!!! Its in Lakewood, which is just northeast from downtown. We are less than 1/2 mile from Whole Foods, which makes me very happy, there is a lake with a path to job/bike on, and its about 10 minutes from Anthony's work. The owner of the house is putting in new wood blinds, new carpet in the bedrooms and has recently added wood floors, so even though the house is old there are several new updates. I'm also excited that the walls are different colors and not everything is white like our apartment now! We are just renting, so we'll have at least a year to figure out where we want to buy. We have the 2nd floor and the owner lives on the first floor. We have a separate entrance but it will be nice to have him right there if something goes wrong. Here are some pictures:


I'm very excited about the balcony we'll get to use. I think we are going to get a table and chairs so we can eat outside when its nice.

I haven't actually seen it yet, just pictures Anthony has taken but I trust him. He picked out our current apartment and did a great job, so I have no reason to think this time will be any different. The movers come on July 26 and we'll be moving in sometime around August 1.
On a different note, now that we only have about a month left here (and I've had lots of alone time) I've been thinking about the things I will miss most about Chicago. I'm going to post throughout the next month about the different things I've grown to love and things I'll miss.
2 things that are unique to Chicago that I will miss greatly...Garrett caramel crisp popcorn and fresh, homemade caramel from The Chocolate Pot. I actually treated myself to both of these items over the weekend :). For those of you who know my family, you know that we love sweets and all were blessed with that beloved sweet-tooth, and obviously I'm a big fan of caramel. If you ever come to Chicago, these two things are a must-try. Oprah even loves the popcorn and sometimes you might have to wait in line for an hour...its that GOOD!!
3 comments:
Your place looks so cute. We can't wait to see it and see ya'll. It will be fun to have you closer.
I am glad you got some treats this weekend. Sounds so yummy!
I remember making caramel apples at your house when we were young! I'll have to give you the recipe for the oatmeal carmelita I was eating this afternoon. It's yummy!
Okay I know this sounds crazy but is this off of Richmond? I have friends that own a duplex in that area and it looks exactly like it. They live in the down stairs! Anyway just wondering.
Post a Comment