Thursday, April 19, 2007

WHAT A GAME!!!!

CHICAGO WHITE SOX
Our first game of the season and it was the most exciting game I have ever seen!!
Last night, Anthony and I went to the White Sox game and we had a great time. I was a little hesitant to go since it was only 38 degrees and Anthony has been fighting a cold, but we decided to go and boy am I glad we did! It was such an exciting game and the SOX beat the Rangers 6-0...we do not like the Rangers and really don't like Sammy Sosa! When we move to Dallas, we will continue to be Houston Astros and Chicago White Sox fans only!!

We love going to baseball games and just enjoying the energetic atmosphere. Usually, the games sell out but it was pretty empty last night probably because it was so cold. We are so glad we went because we definitely were a part of history. The Sox pitcher, Mark Buehrle, pitched a no-hitter; his first ever and the team's since 1991. When he threw out the last pitch and the runner was thrown out, everyone went crazy and fireworks went off into the air. It was definitely worth sitting in the cold for 2 1/2 hours to see this!! On top of this, we also go to see 2 home runs and a grand slam. What a great game.

We had to document how bundled up we were---my hot pink blanket isn't showing in the picture but it definitely helped. Who would have ever thought that hot chocolate is a more popular item than beer at a baseball game?!? Hot chocolate definitely hits the spot when its freezing outside.

Here's the team all walking off the field together after they all attacked Buehrle after the final pitch. I can't wait to go to another game, but hopefully next time it will be much warmer! One cold game a year is plenty for me.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Derek is so jealous ya'll were there. Glad you had a fun time, despite the cold weather. You are a true fan. Can't wait to see you!

allyo said...

I am glad that someone enjoyed the game last night...it sure made for a lousy night at our house. The only thing worse then one pissed off Rangers fan, is two pissed off Ranger fans;) Glad that you enjoyed the game.

MAV

Unknown said...

We watched the highlights on TV and Shane was so excited about the no-hitter. I can't believe you all were there!!! Definitely a part of history. We enjoyed watching all the fans celebrate. It would have been fun knowing you were there. Burr!!

Allison said...

Yall do such fun things!!! I love hearing about it all!!