Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Weekend

Laura & Tara came to visit!!!
Dinner at Mambo Grill
Mambo Grill is one of our favorite Chicago restaurants and we love taking visitors there. On Friday nights, they have 1/2 price Mojitos and the food is incredible.

We got asked a few times if we were all sisters and Laura & Tara got asked several times if they were twins. I love my little sisters so much, and I'm so blessed to have known them since Laura was in 7th grade and Tara was in 4th--can't believe how grown up they are and I'm so blessed to have such close relationships with my sister-in-laws!!
We went to a fun dessert place after dinner one night for some fondue--we devoured it and were acting very silly while enjoying the yummy chocolate. Anthony was just laughing at us!
I love the Shoemaker kids!!
We did lots of shopping, eating and stayed up way too late talking every night!! It is always fun to have family come to visit. It was cold over the weekend but we didn't get any snow, which is strange since it snowed in Texas!!
We had a fun Easter weekend and it is always good to reflect on the life of Jesus and the sacrifice he made for us. While we were downtown on Friday we witnessed a group of people gathered around a cross and talking & praying about the death of Jesus. It was pretty powerful and neat to see something like this taking place right in the middle of downtown Chicago. Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

5 comments:

Anita said...

Where did the little Shoe girls go? They are so grown up. Every time I see them I am so impressed at how gorgeous they are. I can't even believe there old enough to fly alone. Y'all could all be blood related and definitely do a great toothpaste ad. Great smiles! Grandpa Tony would be proud of those teeth.

Marcia said...

I was thinking the same thing as Anita about all of your smiles in these pictures. I guess we have a thing for teeth in our family. Looks like you four had a great time!

Unknown said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!! I think the three of you could pass for twins, too. Your hair has grown a lot! Can't wait to see you at Katie's wedding! Love you!

The Houston's said...

Hi!!!! I love the blog and all the pictures! Ya'll look so cute!
-Heidi

allyo said...

Hey Kellee! I have enjoyed reading your blog...I am glad that you found mine so that I have another friend to keep in touch with. It looks likes ya'll are having a lot of fun in Chicago...what a cool city! Hope that you are doing good. Tell the family hi.
MAV