Monday, April 16, 2007

Friends!!!

This past weekend, two of our close friends from ACU, Kevin & John, came up to visit and we had a great time. It was fun to reminisce about our days at ACU and talk about all the stupid things we did as college kids. Anthony was able to do fun "guy" things with two of his best friends, and I enjoyed cooking for our guests and staying up late talking.

I loved my ACU experience, and one of my favorite things about going to ACU are the lasting friendships I went away with. I can't believe it has been almost 3 years since I graduated from college...where has the time gone? As I think back to my days at ACU, I have such fond memories of living in Abilene and spending every waking moment with friends. Friendship is such a special thing, and I think I've grown to appreciate true friendship even more after living so far away from those very people I used to share a house with, live across the street from or could see any time I wanted. I'm very thankful for the friends in my life!!

In junior high and high school, my girlfriends and I would always end every note with:
"A friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:17
I love this verse. At first it seems very simple and straight-forward, but after having friends who live by this phrase, it becomes much more real and meaningful. I know I didn't totally understand the true meaning of this verse when I was writing it at the bottom of notes, but it is neat to know that several of us who shared this verse are still close friends and have stuck by each other through a lot.

The key word in the verse is ALL...true friends love you no matter what!! I appreciate my friends loving me at times when I probably don't deserve it. Here's to the gift of friendship, and to the people in my life who I couldn't have gotten this far without.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Such a sweet entry! I agree, ACU blesses you not only with a great education but life long friendships. Can't beat that!!! Time sure has flown by since college hasn't it?? The sad thing is is that I feel like we just graduated not to long ago!

I love reading your blog now!

Unknown said...

And you're such a sweet friend to all those who know you, including me. I'm so glad you made such lasting friendships at ACU, and I hope God continues to bring wonderful friends into your life. You sure deserve it!