Thursday, March 24, 2011

3 1/2 months

It's hard to believe Olivia Carolyn is already 3 1/2 months old! In fact, she's closer to 4 months than she is to 3 and I can hardly stand it! Seriously, how is time moving this fast?!? At 3 1/2 months here are some things she's been up to:
smiles ALL the time :)
has great head control
is a tummy time champ (she has started pushing up with her legs as if she's already trying to crawl)
"talks"/cooes all the time - prefers to be alone to do this
has started grabbing things and holding on (like my hair and small toys)
Uncle Jon is the only one who has made her laugh, like a for real laugh

Last week we were in Houston spending time with family since it was Spring Break and the hubby was working a lot. We got to hang out with both sets of grandparents, 1 great aunt and uncle, 1 uncle and 4 aunts. It was fabulous and I very much enjoyed the extra help! Olivia did get her first cold while we were away (and has since passed it on to me) but she didn't let it stop her from having fun.
We spent a few days in Galveston and it was wonderful! I put her in her swim suit for the first time and we played in her baby pool that she happened to love! I think she would have stayed in there all day if I would have let her. I can't wait for the summer so I can take her swimming all the time!
spending time with my parents, Nana & Teddy
It truly is wonderful to watch your parents play and interact with your kids. I love seeing that softer side come out in them and knowing that they love my child so much means the world to me. I can't wait to see her relationship with them grow as she gets older.

Olivia and her Grana
I adore my mother-in-law and so does Little O. Tina took such good care of her while we were at the beach! I'm so thankful for her and the way she treats my daughter. We also got to hang out with Olivia's Pops but unfortunately, I didn't get a picture. I need to do better about that!

Olivia with her Aunt Tara and Aunt Laura
It is so much fun having these two around and they are always such a big help to me. Olivia loves playing with them. She's one lucky gal to have these two for aunts. We also go to spend some time with my sisters, (again, no pictures) and it's great to see them love on her too. Olivia is so blessed to have so many people in her life that love her dearly.

hanging out in the pool
hanging out with my baby girl (in the shade, of course!)

I'm obsessed with her rolls! She has gained so much weight and I can't wait to find out how much she weighs at her next doctor's appointment. She is such a happy baby and it has been so fun to see her little personality come out. I love everything about this little girl but especially her chubby cheeks, dark eyebrows and belly button that looks like a cinnamon roll. I'm sure she'll hate her belly button but I happen to think it's the cutest thing!
We are currently going through nap boot camp around here. Trying to teach her to fall asleep on her own and to sleep longer than 45 mintues at a time. We'll see how it goes. Right now she seems to be just playing in her crib as I'm blogging...

No comments: