Saturday evening we met our good friends, Lauren & Tyler Knight, at Fair Park for the official holiday lighting ceremony. It was fun walking around and exploring the Cotton Bowl, and we even got our picture taken with the gingerbread man...
We then headed to a Christmas cocktail party with some friends from Anthony's office. It was fun, but we were both incredibly hungry I hope it wasn't too obvious we were parked by the food table most of the night :) We went out for sushi afterwards since we skipped dinner.
Sunday afternoon, my sister-in-law, Laura came over to hang out for a few hours. She was in town for a girls weekend, so they stopped by the house and entertained me for a bit. It's always great to see her!! Later, Anthony and I headed out to Keller to have dinner with cousins, Jeremy & Kelli Bankes. I hadn't been to their house in forever and its always great to spend time with family. Their daughter, Elizabeth, is just precious and its been great getting to see her more often. We're big pals! And an old friend from ACU, Blake Burchfield, happened to be in town and came over for dinner so we got to catch up with him, which was a treat.
All of this to say--we have so many wonderful family and friends in our life to be thankful for! As I've been going through my address book and getting my Christmas cards ready to send out (sorry I'm late this year!), I've been reminded of how many people Anthony and I have grown to love & appreciate over the years. I just love this time of year and all the Christmas cards that come. Isn't it so much fun to check the mail everyday and see pictures of people you've haven't seen in a while? I love it! It's almost a bittersweet feeling though--makes me miss the friends I used to live close to and saw often but thankful for the current family/friends I get to see regularly. Be thankful for the relationships in your life and make sure people know you appreciate them.
btw...it was 79 degrees yesterday and today its sleeting...ONLY in texas! I hope it stays cold for a while, feels more like Christmas time!
merry christmas!
1 comment:
Oh I hope you guys weren't there the night of the gang fights at Fair Park. I saw that on the news this weekend.
Post a Comment