Thursday, August 28, 2008

We still don't have internet hooked up at our house so unfortunately, I still can't post pictures. I think I'll resort to going to CVS, making a CD, then uploading them at work. Work has been super crazy that I haven't had time to do anything else internet while I'm here...except for now :) We had a WONDERFUL trip to San Fran & Sonoma, and it was so hard to come back! It was so relaxing and a great time spent with our great friends, the Brocks. We absolutely LOVE this part of the country--the weather is perfect year-round, SF is such a fun city with lots going on and you're only an hour from the wine country! No wonder it's so expensive to live here!! We still haven't given up hope that we might be able to live in SF one day. It was great to be back in a city that is pedestrian-friendly and has a public transportation system that people actually take advantage of, and it made me realize even more that I am most definitely a city girl. Dallas has been good to us, but we'll see where we live in the future. Now we're trying to figure out when we can go to Chicago. We want to get up there before it gets freezing cold but who knows.

We went to a wedding in Sonoma while we were there and it was so beautiful. I've never been to a wedding held at a winery. The wedding was outside (just stunning scenery) and the reception was held inside the cellar room. It was great fun and nice to see old friends!

Things with our house are about the same; pretty much as settled as we can be without having much furniture to put things in. We are still waiting on our living & kitchen furniture to arrive (still have another 2 months) and need to get walls painted, etc. I think we finally decided on which color green to paint in the living area...Asparagus...which the name probably doesn't mean much to any of you but thought I'd share anyway.

I'm going to do my best to post pictures soon and stay more up-to-date on blogging.

No comments: