Sunday, July 20, 2008

catching up!!

Here's a recap of what's been going on this month...since once again, I've been a terrible blogger! Here are a few pictures from our girls trip to Mexico. We took my mom to Puerto Vallarta and had a wonderful time. It rained more than we had hoped but we still were able to relax and get some sun. We always have a great time together and never seem to run out of things to talk about.
Hanging out by the poolview of the beach from our balcony
the beach is surrounded by mountains...so pretty
dinner

sunset

I have been in Miami for the past week for a work conference. I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting lots of people from all over the world who work for Junior Achievement. I enjoyed my time at the beach, but I was so ready to get home to Anthony. We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary apart (again for the 4th time). I was in Miami and he was in Dallas. We are going to CA in a few weeks and just bought a house so that's how we'll be celebrating year number 4 this year. I love being married and can't believe its already been 4 years!!

YES, you read correctly in the above paragraph...we bought a house!!! Well, it's not official yet but it will be on Thursday when we close. We are moving out of our 1920s upper unit apartment and into a brand new townhouse/condo. We are super excited and have lots to do before this weekend when we move in. We have been cleaning out and throwing away a lot of things. It feels good to give away stuff that someone else can hopefully use. Once we get moved in, I will post some pictures of our place--it is modern/contemporary with lots of windows; I will try and get some pictures posted once we move in.

In the midst of all the craziness, I managed to drive down to Waco for the day a few Saturdays ago for my niece Elizabeth's 3rd birthday. All the other kiddos were there and I enjoyed getting to see the whole family. I just love being an aunt and think I have the cutest nieces and nephews!

I am hoping to find some time to see the movie Mamma Mia. It's one of my favorite musicals and I think the movie will become one of my favorites too. Anthony might even go see it with me because he's a big fan too!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you are back home. I had a great time on our trip. And I can't wait to se ethe inside of your house. Also, the movie is awesome. I kept wanting to sing out loud- since, of course, I know all the songs. Hope you see it soon!Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Cannot believe every year you have celebrated your anniversary apart! Happy Anniversary. We will be celebrating 7 years in September. Have fun in CA! We are heading to CO!

Claudia