What Would Jesus Buy?
Anthony and I went to see this movie over the weekend, and it definitely got me thinking. Its a documentary about a Pastor and his choir who travel around the country around Christmas time, trying to prove to the world how commercialized Christmas has become. It was amazing to see how much people spend on their kids and I was shocked to see that lots of people go into major debt around the holidays because they buy so much. It makes me sad that the religious side of Christmas gets pushed aside so Santa can be front and center. Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of Santa Claus is so fun for kids, but he has nothing to do with why we celebrate this holiday. I've been listening to the Josh Groban Noel cd over the past several weeks, and I highly recommend getting it. They are all religious Christmas songs and he's got a great voice.
Dallas 1/2 Marathon
On Sunday, I ran in the 1/2 marathon...it was COLD and WET!! I finished with a time of 1 hour 54 minutes and have been pretty sore the past few days. Anthony came out to watch, and since part of the course ran right by our house, he just rode around on his bike to see me. There was a good amount of runners but not very many spectators. I am trying to decide what marathon I will run in 2008. My goal is to run one every other year, so we'll see if that plays out. Here are a few pictures from the race...
We leave for Chicago on Friday morning very early and I couldn't be more excited. It is going to be frigid but it will just make it feel more like Christmastime. I will post all about our trip when we get back. We don't get home until Monday night around 11:00!
3 comments:
I think we may want to clarify that the dude in What Would Jesus Buy? is not an actual clergyman, but rather a performer. However, his message is great in my opinion.
Way to go on the half marathon. That's a great time. I'd love to run the Dallas marathon next year. I figure as late as it is in the year, its my only chance to run one in 08.
Congrats on the 1/2 marathon. I am hoping to try one in March. However, the cold weather is not helping the fact that I don't love running. We shall see... I haven't given up yet. :) I looked on your sister's blog. It is so fun to catch up with you all. I saw that Kara moved to Waco... that is where I live. Maybe we could hook up sometime. Take care and talk with you soon.
Post a Comment