Friday, February 4, 2011

cabin fever...

Cabin Fever has officially set in at our house! This is the 4th day in a row we have been snowed/iced in and I am doing everything I can to keep the little one entertained.
I think she might be a bit bored... After having lots of ice early in the week, we woke up this morning to 5 inches of snow! It is absolutely beautiful and I'm thankful I don't have to get out in it. It does remind me of the days we lived in Chicago though and brings back lots of great memories.
Speaking of Chicago, have you kept up with how crazy the weather has been there?!? They reported the 3rd worst storm in the city's history and people were stuck on Lake Shore Drive fro up to 15 hours!!
Anyway, the hubby was home on Tuesday and Wednesday because of the icy roads he couldn't get to the office. Unfortunately, he had to still work but it was great having him around. We did venture out on Wednesday afternoon because we were all going a bit crazy.
We stopped at Grimaldi's for a tasty pizza lunch
Then stopped at Target to kill some time and get some items.
We did loops around the store to make our outing last longer and give the little one some interaction with other people/things.
It has been an interesting week at home but it has given me a chance to upload lots of pictures from my camera, call some friends I needed to catch up with, catch up on some of my tv shows, and get lots of snuggle time with my favorite kid. I hope she's not sick of me yet!
One bummer about not being able to get out and run my errands is the fact that I am eligible for an upgrade with my cell phone and have been hoping to get one of these...
I'm not sure if I'll be getting one of these beauties or not but whatever new phone I get will be a million times better than the current phone I am using. It is a piece of junk and if I talk to you on the phone regularly, you already know that! Ice/snow hurry up and start melting so I can get out to the AT&T store!

If you've got any great ideas to keep a two month old entertained please pass them along. I don't think the girl can handle anymore tummy time! I guarantee she's got the strongest neck muscles of any two month old out there!

2 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

I hope you are staying warm! I think you should get Anthony out there to build Olivia a snowman!

Anonymous said...

Random info but please push the clip on your car seat up to her armpits. At this current level, with a bad wreck (God forbid), she could fly out.
Sorry to be preachy. Just want to help.