Tuesday, January 25, 2011

tribute to a dear friend...

my red Chevy cavalier
I have had this car since summer of 2002 and it has treated me so well over the years. After we had Olivia, we decided I needed something a little bigger and more reliable since I was going to be transporting a baby around. The initial plan was to trade cars with my hubby but we decided to just get a new car for me and sell the cavalier. Not even 24 hours after posting it on Craig's List, we sold the car! I was very sad to see it go, but it made me feel better to see how happy the soon-to-be college girl was when she drove off in it. It is a perfect college car and I hope she enjoys it as much I as did.


This car has been through a lot during the time I had her. Here are just a few of them...
--lived in Abilene, Chicago and Dallas
--drove from Chicago to St. Louis, Niagara Falls, Hartford, and NYC
--drove all over the city of Chicago and surrounding suburbs as well as many, many guests over the years
--took me all over the metroplex while I was at my last job that required me to drive all around town
It is a great car and although there are many things I will miss about her, probably the thing I will miss most is the fact that the radio continues playing when you turn the car off and will continue playing until you open the driver side door. I've never known of any other car that has this feature but I definitely think more of them should.
I'm very thankful for my new, more spacious Hyundai Sonata, but there will always be a soft spot in my heart for the red cavalier.



1 comment:

Anthony said...

This is an all-time great post! I too will miss the little Cavy dearly. It's diligent service to us--particularly in Chi-town--was much appreciated. Never has there been a car easier to parallel park!