The weather was just perfect and we timed it just right because most everyone who lives there during the summer had already gone home, so it felt like we had the place to ourselves. I think I could get used to the idea of having a summer home here.
my idea of a perfectly relaxing lunch...good food, sparkling lemonade (this pregnant girl's go-to drink order these days), something to read, and my hubby sitting next to me...
On our way down to Cape Cod, we stopped off in Plymouth
We got to see and tour the Mayflower - it was tiny!
saw Plymouth Rock - it was a bit of a disappointment
We stopped off in several of the towns along the way and eventually found our way to Hyannis. We enjoyed some ice cream from Katie's Ice Cream and we both agreed that it is the BEST we've ever had. We quickly learned that these people love them some ice cream because there are shops on every corner.
Don't worry, we tried a new place everyday and even got ice cream twice in one day...hey, I'm pregnant so it's okay!
We took a harbor cruise and even got to see (from a distance) the Kennedy Compound...a.k.a where all the Kennedy's live/grew up
we had spectacular views of the water and gorgeous houses along the shore
We stayed at the cutest Bed & Breakfast called Honeysuckle Hill and the breakfast was by far the best part. I could get used to having a 4-course breakfast every morning without having to do a thing.
We ate at some local seafood places and ate as much lobster as we could
We spent lots of time exploring several of the beaches and they were absolutely beautiful. The water was a bit cold but the sun was shining and it was so peaceful.
showing off the baby bump...boy, was it windy!


We saw cool lighthouses

This picture is in honor of our friends, Lauren & Tyler who moved to England - this is the part of the cape that faces England...it's the closest we'll get to them for several months
We saw cool lighthouses
This picture is in honor of our friends, Lauren & Tyler who moved to England - this is the part of the cape that faces England...it's the closest we'll get to them for several months
we miss you guys so much
1 comment:
I love it!!! We would look over from Portugal and think of you guys, too!! :) I guess that just means that we aren't cut out for long distance. Once the baby is born, I'll come over & help you pack. :)
Can't wait to talk to you today!!
Post a Comment