baby shoe is the size of a lemon this week! i am 13 1/2 weeks, and can't wait for my 14 week doctor's appointment next week.
8 weeks
12 weeks
I've been feeling pretty good for the most part. The first 12 weeks, I didn't have much of an appetite but now I'm loving food! I am still very tired and am still taking a nap most days. Today, I had about 40 minutes to kill before my next meeting, so I took a 30 minute nap in my car, sitting in a parking garage. It was GREAT!! I prefer naps in my bed with my pajamas on, but I'll take whatever I can get these days. I am hoping my energy level goes up soon because we have so much to do to start getting ready for this one's arrival.
I will also admit that pregnancy brain is in full-force. Not only am I way more forgetful than normal, I've taken it to the next level and am just completely making stuff up! Just ask my sister-in-law Tara!! I didn't believe this kind of thing actually happened until it started happening to me, and I know all of you who have been pregnant know exactly what I'm talking about. It's literally like my brain just stops working...weird.
Over the weekend, one of my dear friends, Cortney got married here in Dallas. I was a bridesmaid, so I was busy all weekend doing fun wedding stuff. It was a beautiful wedding; I don't think her or her mom forgot one detail. She grew up in Dallas, but we actually met at church in Chicago and quickly became fast friends. It was so refreshing to find a friend who grew up just like me, had the same Texas roots, and similar values while living so far away from family. We've managed to stay great friends, and thankfully, I get to see her pretty often since she comes back to Dallas a lot.
The beautiful ballroom
me & my wonderful hubby

Cortney loves to dance and loves all things dance related, so she incorporated dancing all throughout her reception. Including a coreographed Bridesmaids dance complete with formations, ripples and free dance. I must admit, we were all a little nervous but we definitely rocked it. You can see a video of it if you're friends with me on facebook...it's worth the 3 minutes!
8 weeksI will also admit that pregnancy brain is in full-force. Not only am I way more forgetful than normal, I've taken it to the next level and am just completely making stuff up! Just ask my sister-in-law Tara!! I didn't believe this kind of thing actually happened until it started happening to me, and I know all of you who have been pregnant know exactly what I'm talking about. It's literally like my brain just stops working...weird.
Over the weekend, one of my dear friends, Cortney got married here in Dallas. I was a bridesmaid, so I was busy all weekend doing fun wedding stuff. It was a beautiful wedding; I don't think her or her mom forgot one detail. She grew up in Dallas, but we actually met at church in Chicago and quickly became fast friends. It was so refreshing to find a friend who grew up just like me, had the same Texas roots, and similar values while living so far away from family. We've managed to stay great friends, and thankfully, I get to see her pretty often since she comes back to Dallas a lot.
The beautiful ballroom
me & my wonderful hubbyCortney loves to dance and loves all things dance related, so she incorporated dancing all throughout her reception. Including a coreographed Bridesmaids dance complete with formations, ripples and free dance. I must admit, we were all a little nervous but we definitely rocked it. You can see a video of it if you're friends with me on facebook...it's worth the 3 minutes!
I can't tell you how thankful I am for the long weekend. I actually have Friday and Monday off and can't wait to relax with my family.
Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment