I know its an odd question but I've never thought about this and now, I'm curious. I could probably google my question but I'd rather hear what you readers have to say, so please, help me figure this one out! Here's the quick version...last night, I was sitting on the porch at Gloria's with a good friend, enjoying a margarita, black bean dip/queso and having some good conversation when we got hit with some clear liquid--landed right in the queso bowl and both Lauren and I swear it was in our hair! One would think it was rain but there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We were sitting under some trees and birds were flying around above us, which makes us think it had to be bird pee. So, I asked our waiter his opinion--after getting over the initial shock of me asking him this question, he didn't know either! I don't really think its an inappropriate question, just something I have never considered before.
So, what do you think? Was it bird pee that interrupted our dinner or simply water droplets that fell from the trees?
On a different note, we've been quite busy lately (the story of our life) but last Friday night we went to see the musical Sarah, Plain and Tall and it was FANTASTIC!! The world-premiere is in Dallas, so if you live in the area, you should definitely try and see it. Depending on how well it does, there is potential it could become a Broadway show. The actors were awesome--most of them were from NY or Chicago--and the story and songs were great too. I loved this book as a child, so it was fun to see it in a play. We bought our tickets as part of a package so we only paid $12 for each ticket--that's the cheapest we've ever paid for a Broadway-quality show.
We are taking a short trip to CHICAGO this weekend and I cannot wait!! It has been way too long since we've been back. Can't wait to see our friends, go to our old church, shop, eat at our favorite places and visit Hyde Park (our old neighborhood). And the biggest plus of the trip will be seeing The Grateful Dead in concert while we're there. I'll post pictures when we get back!
2 comments:
I just go off the phone with a chimney sweep about the birds in our chimney. Turns out they are protected animals and will have to live with us unill September. So if you really want to know, you can do some reaserch on our new "pets".
OMG! I wish the sarah plain and tall would come to houston, that was my favorite book as a little girl!!!
Post a Comment