Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bowling Night



Last night we went bowling with our couple's group from church. Here are a few pictures from the night. I was so proud that I didn't come in last overall--I came in second to last by 1 point with a score of 75. Anthony came in second overall; maybe I should have taken bowling at ACU like he did!!

We have really grown to love our friends from church and especially our "couple's group" friends. We are all young, married couples who are all in very similar life situations; its great to have other married couples to learn and grow from. We meet in each others homes every week for "marriage therapy" and also get together for social events. This was our first time to go bowling and it was so much fun! We love our church and I have really grown to appreciate the benefits of being a member at a church with less than 100 members. Growing up, I went to a church with over 1000 members, so it was quite an adjustment to attend such a small church. Its nice to have a "family" here in the midst of a city of 4 million people; most of us live very far away from our families so its a blessing to have each other. Going here has allowed us to get involved in many aspects of the church, and I'm not sure this would have been as easy for us had we attended one much bigger than Lakeview. I love teaching the kids class on Sunday mornings, and I love the fact that when service ends everyone sticks around 30-45 minutes just to talk. A church I was a bit unsure about at first, now holds a special place in my heart and when the time comes, will be hard to leave.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Barrett is very curious about bowling. He is like"Why is Kellee holding that ball?' Sounds like a fun night!